.Another bus one

At the main bus stop that I use to catch buses in and out of Bristol city centre from home, three buses stop there. The 48 and 49, while coming from different suburbs, both end their routes at the same stop  just short of the Centre, however, the 24 stops at a different stop on the Centre and then goes out to loop around a part of South Bristol. It is therefore important for me to know which bus I’m getting on either because the 24 and 48/49 stop in different places, or because I am travelling further than the Centre. I can’t see to read the bus numbers and even though my phone app is helpful, I tend to check that the bus arriving is the one I want.

 

A couple of weeks ago, I was the only person waiting at the stop when a bus drew up. The doors opened and I spoke to the driver (making sure my white stick was prominent):

Me: “Morning, which number are you please?”,

 

Him: (with what sounded like an irritated sigh  “they all go to the same place anyway, so it doesn’t matter what bus it is, just get on”,

 

Me: “The 48 and 49 do, but the 24 goes to a different stop”.

 

Him: sighing again and (sounding even more irritated) “Yes, but I’m not a 24 am I!”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They just can't help themselves

Promoting awareness through 'telling our stories'

'Are you causing trouble again?'