It's a thing, this lockdown

Until lockdown began in the UK on Monday evening, I hadn’t thought much about the aspects of COVID-19 isolation that  would particularly impact on me as a blind person. Now, the reality of it touches me  in many ways that are different from sighted people.

 

I was going to make a joke that blind people are at a disadvantage because we can’t see the virus, but actually, while of course nobody can, what sighted people see, is how others operate (or don’t) around distancing, taking precautions, what they touch, what they don’t, how they manage all those actions, communications and negotiations. I am having to quickly work out new ways of doing things for myself with information and helpful descriptions from my partner.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On-street greetings - continued

'Are you causing trouble again?'

They just can't help themselves