Landmarks

I’ve been writing this blog for over a year now… And such an unusual year. Within a month, going into the first lockdown, working from home, remote working, social distancing, ‘bubbles, mask-wearing and relative isolation. I’ve written over 70 posts so far and they have given me the opportunity to explore my life as a blind person, recount stories of ridiculousness, ignorance and prejudice; to describe   what seem to be the increasing barriers offered by technology alongside its massive potential and accessibility. I’ve used this blog to explore issues like eye contact, assumptions, patronisation and discrimination…

 

…And it has been fun too. I hope I’ve managed to bring humour to my writing about at least some of the encounters I’ve had.

 

Thanks for reading it and to those of you who follow it.  I appreciate you reading it and to the people who comment (both on the blog and to me personally).

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Are you causing trouble again?'

On-street greetings - continued

They just can't help themselves