At the bus stop (from January 2006)

 

I loved this one – it has happened almost word for word so many times, but this is probably the longest anyone’s gone without interruption. .

 

One bus stop episode

Me: “Excuse me, would you tell me when you see the 48 or 49 coming please?”

 

Them: “Do you know where you’re going?”

 

Me: “Yes, I need the 48 or 49”

 

Them: “Where are you going?

 

Me: “Easton”

 

Them: “Now, you need the 48 or 49. You stay there and I’ll tell you when I see it... Are you going to be alright?... Stay there, it’s not coming yet... It’s alright, don’t panic, I’m not going anywhere... Don’t worry, I’ll tell you when it comes….. Oh, my bus is here now… you’ll have to ask someone else.. I’ll tell this lady..Excuse me, this blind man doesn’t know where he’s going, he needs a 48 or 49, could you look after him, make sure the driver knows about him”.

 

I still hadn’t had a chance to say anything.

 

 

Comments

  1. What would you have done without him? What a lovely gentlemen, reassuring you and helping you not to panic... serendipity

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On-street greetings - continued

'Are you causing trouble again?'

They just can't help themselves