A Jogger

Out on my walk this morning around my local cemetery, a jogger was coming towards me, I moved right to give way for them, so did they, we then both moved left, doing that dance that goes on between people inadvertently stepping in the same direction trying to move out of each other’s ways.

 

They then started doing this thing right in front of me with arms and legs wide apart jumping from one side to the other. I couldn’t see their facial expression which could have been a smile to acknowledge amusement at what we’d just done, or it could have been a pissed off ‘what the fuck!’. I really have no idea.

 

I said “I can’t see” in an attempt to stop them doing it and in explanation. They didn’t answer but jogged past me.

 

I know that I came away from a lovely walk before starting work feeling uncomfortable and upset by what might well have been a simple acknowledgement.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On-street greetings - continued

'Are you causing trouble again?'

They just can't help themselves