Voice quality

It  seems that, in video chats and meetings, to hear someone’s voice clearly is less important than being  able to see them.

 

I am irritated at the amount of the time on video conferencing that is taken up with whether people’s video is working or not, that it’s ‘freezing’... While  I want to tell people to move closer to the microphone to stop their voices continually breaking up, or to talk more quietly to stop them distorting … but I stay silent because I know it draws a kind of attention that feels different from the video talk.

 

I yearn to hear people’s voices clearly and with good audio quality while most others only seem to want to be able to see them.

 

Such a different world I inhabit.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On-street greetings - continued

'Are you causing trouble again?'

They just can't help themselves