Having to queue twice

In large shops, I wander all over, trying to find someone to ask for help finding what I’m looking for. Nobody seems to be around. All I can do is join the (often lengthy) queue.

 

When I get to the till, I explain that I need help finding something, they ring for a colleague. Someone arrives to help me find what I’m looking for.

 

On finding the item, what happens next can go any of four ways:

 

1.They take me back to the till, and explain to the cashier and next customer that I have already queued and ask if it is OK if they get me in to pay for my item.

2.They take me to a spare till and sort out my payment there themselves.

3.On finding the item for me, they wander off leaving me to join the queue again.

4.On finding the item, I ask if they could help me pay without having to queue again. They refuse, telling me either that everyone has to queue, or that they don’t work on the tills. .

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On-street greetings - continued

'Are you causing trouble again?'

They just can't help themselves