Why withhold

At a gig on my own, standing watching the support act. After about half an hour, a number of pieces and not loud, the guy standing next to me introduces himself. He turns out to be someone who I’ve known for over 15 years on and off through work, who I didn’t know well and who wasn’t a friend as such, but who I had been out for a drink with at least a couple of times.

 

It was a weird experience that I’d been standing right next to someone who I knew certainly well enough for him to say hi to me as soon as he saw me. I said “so you’ve been standing right next to me for over half an hour, you know that I can’t see enough to recognise you and yet you’ve just stood there without introducing yourself.” He told me that he just wanted to watch the band.

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Are you causing trouble again?'

On-street greetings - continued

They just can't help themselves