Unceasing echoes

While browsing through old files on my PC a couple of days ago, I came across my old blog from 2007. I’d mainly forgotten about it and in particular why I stopped doing it – I have a vague recollection that the website became less accessible and I lost the impetus to continue. Later the email associated with it became lost to me and now, more than twelve years ago, I felt motivated to do it again.

In reading through, I was not surprised how many of the posts reflected still regular experiences in my life and wanted to find a way of conveying this in the title of this new blog. Unceasing echoes seemed to convey the repeated and continuous nature of the daily encounters in my life that I think come from my being blind and what it represents to others.

In this blog, I guess I’ll generally post when I come upon some kind of irritation in a journey, in a shop, at work or in some uncomfortable encounter where I think that it is my blindness, or more often the other player’s relationship to it that is at the core of the issue.

 

My old blog is archived at:

http://sitelines.blogspot.com

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Are you causing trouble again?'

On-street greetings - continued

They just can't help themselves